The Office of Works, Maintenance and Environment (SEOMA) is the administrative unit of Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina in charge of the planning of physical and environmental spaces, the elaboration of projects, and the execution and quality control of works carried out at UFSC.
The responsibilities of the Office of Works, Maintenance and Environment are:
- plan UFSC’s physical space, in line with the university’s academic, administrative and financial planning;
- coordinate and implement UFSC Master Plans, covering all of its campuses and experimental areas;
- coordinate, supervise and/or elaborate UFSC’s urban, architectural and engineering projects;
- supervise and control the execution of works at UFSC;
- analyze, define and control the quality standards of UFSC’s urban, architectural and engineering works and services;
- prepare budgets and start bidding processes, as well as inspect works contracts developed at UFSC, when related to the scope of this office;
- coordinate and supervise the occupation of new buildings at UFSC;
- schedule and execute maintenance in UFSC’s buildings, external areas and infrastructure networks.